Saturday, September 12, 2009

Our First Post

We had big plans to have this blog up and operational before our wedding, hence the blog address on the favor tags,but that didn't really work out. So if you're here because you read the address on our favor tags, thanks for coming. Or if you came after seeing it on our favor tags and there was nothing here but you decided to try again, thanks for coming. Or if you came after you saw it on your favor tag and there was nothing here but you came back because you saw our next shameless plug for ourselves on the return address labels we put on our thank you cards, thanks for coming (back). We knew building readership for our blog without an adorable toddler would be hard enough. We've found it's even harder if we don't post anything. But if you'll promise to stick with us, toddler-less bloggers though we are, we'll promise to start posting. Deal?

Where shall we start? How about with a photo of our beautiful, delicious, amazing wedding cake:

Sam's boss, Raymond Lammers, made our cake. When we arrived at the reception location to change in to our wedding clothes, Raymond was there working on the cake. I was so mesmerized that I couldn't get myself to move from in front of the cake to the dressing room! I just stood there staring as the catering people bustled around, as the florist pinned corsages on, listening in a daze as my mom reminded me that I needed to get into my wedding dress.

One common question we get is whether we saved the top layer, as is tradition. The answer: No. We ate it the day after our wedding. The whole thing. Sam said we could eat it and he'd make me a new cake for our anniversary. So we did, and I'm sure he will. Ah, the joy of being married to a pastry chef!

4 comments:

  1. how about those of us who saw the address on the party favors, checked, and then checked again, and then again, several times until finally treated with a post. hooray!

    also, it's fun to pretend that all of those kids in that picture are yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Erin posted on Sept. 19 and I'm posting on Oct. 8. Hmmm, me thinks you need more posts. You can use all my photos of your wedding as a slide show for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, it's officially time for you to post a new update!! I am checking . . . !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, what's been happening lately in the Major family? We're all dying for an update! :-)

    ReplyDelete