This is a cake Sam made for his co-worker's daughter. The baby's name is Brina, hence the giant "B." I actually helped with this--cut out the dots of fondant for the top layer and stuck 'em on there. Obviously the real talent is in the harlequin pattern on bottom.
And now for something a little different:
The bride's dad cut down a tree to make that cake stand! The meringue mushrooms were the bride's special request, and as you can see, they cover up a bit of the bottom layer. Here's a closer look at those beauties, which Sam made by hand:
When the bride's mom saw Sam putting the cake together she asked if she could take one of the mushrooms up to her daughter in the bride's room! Sam obliged and picked her out an extra good one.
All right, folks, that's a wrap for tonight.
Hi Nancy! I've still been checking from time to time...so thanks for posting! I'll keep "visiting!"
ReplyDelete