Cate is getting bigger and more fun every day! Her personality is coming alive and she—she, who for so long wouldn’t smile outside of our house—has become the biggest ham. She will smile, laugh for, and generally charm anyone who will look her direction. It turns out she might not be so much of an introvert after all.
On more than one occasion recently Sam has gotten her laughing so hard she can’t catch her breath, and she cannot contain her laughter and giggles when she is sitting in either of our laps listening to us talk to her or each other.
She has mastered so many new things lately … the most exciting of which is … sitting up! For a few days I wasn’t sure whether what she was doing officially counted as sitting up, but on June 3 it was official. She is a sitter-upper. She has not figured out how to get herself from a sitting to lying position on her own, so much like when she gets on her tummy and refuses to roll on to her back, she simply squawks, cries, or moans until her people (that’s Sam and me) come do the hard part for her. I know, I know, if I didn’t roll her over she would eventually figure it out for herself. But honestly, who suffers during that process? All of us. And I’ve never met a grown up who squeals to be rolled over from her tummy to her back or to get from sitting to lying down. So whatever, we do it for her.
Here she is with some toys on the first day I would officially count as a sitting up independently day:
No comments:
Post a Comment