Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Welcome, Peter Michael Major!

Peter's here and we couldn't be more thrilled about it! He arrived at 1:01 PM on Friday, June 29. He weighed 8 lbs. 11 oz., and was 21.25 in. long, making him the bruiser of the well baby nursery. Except for the one 10+ pounder.

He is the sweetest little guy and we basically haven't heard a cry from him since about a minute after he was born. He eats, wakes up, hangs out for a while, dozes off, wakes up, eats, repeats. He's so content when he's awake, just looking around checking us out.

Cate has been so great with him! She loves to give him kisses and will occasionally just stop whatever she's doing to go to whoever is holding him to ask to kiss him. Mealtime has turned in to a two bites, one kiss, two bites routine. Only two hair pulling incidents and one mysterious scratch on Peter's arm that none of us saw her do. One meltdown for both Cate and me the first time I fed Peter in front of her and she started crying. Then I started crying. It was all just so sad. But Sam swept in, got C's little boy baby doll (she named him Joe) and a bottle, pulled her in to his lap and before we knew it we were feeding and burping our babies together. She got the hang of it within about five minutes and we were good to go. Then tonight as I was snuggling her before bed and whispering to her about how much I love her she fell asleep in my arms for the first time in ages and all I could think was that she really isn't that big of a big girl yet. I'm truly overwhelmed by the blessing of having two little babes to love.

Here are a few photos of Peter in the hospital:



And a few from since we've been home:



And some not-to-be-missed shots of Cate's visits to us in the hospital:

I packed Cate's favorite book, Squeak, in my hospital bag so that we could read it when she came to visit. Wasn't it nice of her to bring me her hat to wear?


Cate really enjoyed that post-partum water bottle that's as big as she is.

We're working on uploading a video of Cate meeting Peter but after several attempts we're bagging it for now. Keep checking back and we'll see what we can do.



4 comments:

  1. Hooray, the update I've been waiting for! Love the photos -- Peter is adorable and it's great that he's been such a good baby so far, too. So glad to hear that Cate is doing so well with the big sister routine! Big hugs to you all from Switzerland! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for baby boys! I just had my third, and it's been a little hard for me this time around to watch the effect on my 2-year-old. He's such a mama's boy that the transition to having a sibling has been tough. But little Cate looks like she'll be an awesome big sister - and they'll have so much fun playing together someday! (I keep telling myself that!) :) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Morgan. He is so cute I am glad he is my cousin. Cate is also cute too. It was so cute that Cate brought you that hat. love,
    Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just have to say, you are a genius! Packing Cate's favorite book to read to her was brilliant!

    And, I probably should have written this part first, congratulations! Peter is so adorable, and I am so glad everything went well.

    ReplyDelete